Post by Susan Peabody on Jan 2, 2010 17:24:27 GMT -8
I took Susan's list of 17 self-esteem tips above and rewrote them in affirmation form. Enjoy!
1) I am growing more able to love and accept myself.
2) I am growing to really understand that I am worthy despite my shortcomings.
3) I am growing more observant and appreciative of my specific attributes.
4) My thoughts are growing more positive and self-affirming.
5) I am growing more respectful of myself.
6) I am proud to be growing more self-disciplined.
7) I am proud to be growing more responsible.
8) I am proud to be honoring my own value system more.
9) I am proud to be handling adversity better.
10) I am growing to love myself unconditionally while still pushing myself appropriately to make self-respecting choices.
11) I am surrounding myself more often with people who like me just the way I am.
12) I am growing more educated about building my self-esteem and healing my inner child.
13) I am getting to know myself (who I am, my values, needs, wants, taste, etc.) better.
14) I am learning to value myself more.
15) I am learning to accept that no one is perfect.
16) I am taking better care of myself.
17) I am developing a healthier balance between caring for myself and being kind to others.
18) I am learning to stop comparing myself to others and see my own unique specialness.
19) I am learning how to receive love and favors with more acceptance and gratitude.
20) I am learning to be more creative and use my talents more.
21) I am learning to stand up for myself more.
22) I am learning to better set limits.
23) I am learning to express my opinion more.
24) I am learning to walk away from neglect and abuse more.
25) I am learning to be appropriately assertive more.
26) I am learning to stop apologizing when I've done nothing wrong.
27) I am learning to make amends when I am definitely the guilty party.
28) I am growing more mentally prepared to not take it too seriously and to filter it out when people try to drag me down.
29) I am growing more awake to the love of my Higher Power.